Kokedama on the Vine
Join us at Off the Grid Organic Winery for a fun afternoon of epic views, outstanding wine, delicious food and some unconventional gardening.
This workshop is for those who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty! Kokedama translated means "moss ball" and is usually a single plant whose roots are encased in a ball of moss-wrapped soil which can then be hung or set on a flat surface. This style originated from Japan and is a popular trend in indoor gardening across the globe. Kokedama are traditionally used with Bonsi but we have adapted ours to utilize easy to care for house plants and succulents.
Date: July 7/2019
Location: Off the Grid Organic Winery - 3623 Glencoe Road, West Kelowna
- Ticket for this Workshop are per person.
- 1 glass of wine is provided with ticket price
- This workshop last approximately 1.5 hours, please arrive on
- This is an outdoor work shop and will be held rain or shine. A
canopy will be provided if it is raining.
- Workshops are non-refundable and have a limited number of
- In this workshop we will have a variety of plants to choose
from and you will be instructed on how to create two
Kokedama (1 succulent and 1 tropical)
- When you arrive for the workshop you will be given your glass of wine to enjoy while you watch a demo on how to construct a Kokedama. Please make your wine selection when purchasing your ticket.
- At this you may also wish to grab a bite to eat from Round & Sharp who's menu has something for everyone. If doing so we ask that you arrive a few minutes early to place your order so that we can start the demo as close to noon as possible.
Your wine choices are:
2018 Heritage Pinot Gris
You will taste warm tree fruits in the nose and ripe round fruit on the pallet, it has a delicious blend of sweetness and acidity.
2018 Unoaked Chardonnay
When tasting this wine, you should find it dry with strong bursts of tropical fruit aromas and flavours. Pineapple both fresh and toasted are at the front of the nose, with mango and banana swirling around.
2018 Ever After Rosé
This wine tastes like candied cranberries, red cherries, and white black pepper.